Thursday, July 13, 2006

...If You Don't Like To Eat 'Em...

Then Juice 'Em!

Did you eat your health quota of fruits and veggies today? Probly not. The National Center for Health Statitics notes that very few people do. Which is very understandable. Who wants to chow down on five servings a day of fresh fruits and vegetable's. Even though we know we need them to get the optimum nutrition that our body needs to maintain good health.

Just Juice 'Em!

Because with all of our avoidance of choking all these fruits and veggies down we are setting up our bodies for a down fall. All these fruits and veggies we are missing are high in beta-carotene, and these diets that are high in beta-carotene have shown promise in preventing heart disease as well as certain kinds of cancer. So if your like me and desire to live to be 100 years old juice 'em and drink 'em.

Juice 'Em and Drink 'Em!

I like to call it Supplements in a glass, and the best weight watchers plan in the world. The only draw back is the juicing cuts back the fiber fruits and veggies offer. Something important you need to maintain healthy cholesterol levels. To fix this problem also eat a varity of fruits and veggies during the week, and only use the juice as a supplement not a replacement. Now that that's out of the way. I want to share my favorite juice 'em.

Carrot-Apple Gusto
--------------------
2-medium carrots
1-celery stalk
1-medium apple
1-medium beet with tops
1-cup of fresh parsley, loosely packed
Wash all really well in cold water. Then chop them into chunks. Remove the tops from the beets so they can be fed into your juicer easily.

This sweet and wonderful concoction will make one cup of juice. For more just double everything and so on...

To Your Health and Wealth,
Mary
Staying Healthy_Staying Home_Making Money and so can you at http://frutavida4u.com/marys

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Well, that would be the only way you would ever get a raw piece of celery down me :)!

I always find something interesting when I stop by here.

BV

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks DB, I'm glad I could help. It's the only way I can ever get a beet down in me :) Just the idea stops me. But out of sight it's out of mind and not a problem...lol...

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home