Sunday, September 11, 2005

Heat...Stroke...

Okay! I think I'm back to as normal as I'm ever going to be. Tonight I'm going to talk about heat exhaustion. This Summer has been a hot one, and I myself have even had to deal with the heat. I love to do yard work, and while mowing grass today, I let myself get carried away without thinking about the heat. I don't know if it was the breeze blowing or just the fact I feel better, but when I stopped and came in my heart was racing, I was dizzy, poring sweat, and felt like I was going to pass out. The first thing I did was take some Fruta Vida juice, then I started doing some deep breathing, trying not to cool down to fast. It worked wonderfully. I was happy to have prevented myself from having a nasty little heat stroke. Yet I hear others are not so lucky. It's best to 1. Eat something salty to be sure and sweat. 2. Drink plenty of fluids when working in the heat. 3. Don't over task yourself, take cooling breaks, and truly rest when you do. 4. Please be sure to take Fruta Vida juice so you don't tire yourself out needlessly.

To Your Health and Wealth,
Mary
Staying Healthy_Staying Home_Making Money and so can you at http://www.frutavida4u.com/marys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home